Mobile Banking Security
Glens Falls National Bank is committed to helping you bank securely. Please consider the following best practices when using your mobile device for banking:
Best Practices for Mobile Devices
- Use strong passwords and change them frequently.
- Do not store any passwords or account information on your device.
- Do not share your information with anyone. Your financial institution will never ask for your password or Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- If possible use antivirus/anti-malware.
- Keep the device operating system up to date.
- Apply app updates as they become available as they often include security fixes.
- Use the lock function on your device and change the password frequently.
- For smartphones and tablets, utilize software that will enable a remote wipe.
- Do not leave your device unattended.
- Report lost or stolen devices to your carrier ASAP.
- Avoid using unsecure public wifi; switch to cellular instead.
- Turn off your wifi, Bluetooth and GPS when not in use.
- Only access financial information using the company’s official mobile app.
- Research all apps before downloading.
- Only download apps from trusted sources (iTunes Store, Google Play, etc), never third-party sites.
- Do not click on links or applications you receive in emails or texts. This is a common way for malware to be installed.
- Log out of any financial app after use.
Click Here >> to return to the Security Center homepage for additional resources.