Yes. Mobile Check Deposit offers the security you have come to expect with Internet Banking. Some measures employed to protect your account and information include:
- Multiple security layers in addition to your User ID and Password, including multi-factor authentication and advanced encryption.
- Full account numbers are never displayed.
- Passcodes, check deposit records and images of your checks are not stored on your mobile device.
- Duplicate check detection is enforced preventing re-deposits of the same item.
- Mobile Deposit is restricted to the registered device and cannot be performed on another device.
- Deposits can only be made to eligible, authorized accounts with your ownership that are established within Internet Banking.
While we take every step possible to safeguard your information, there are steps you may take as well to protect yourself and your account(s):
- Use passcodes to lock/sign onto your device, as well as antivirus protection. Utilize your device security settings to aid in the safety and access of your mobile device.
- Do not throw checks out with the trash; consider shredding these and other sensitive documents.
- Do not keep originals in an unsecure location for an extended period of time.
- After the check has been successfully deposited, please wait two weeks and then securely destroy it. Why? Checks are like cash. They should be treated as negotiable instruments.
For more security tips and best practices for your mobile device, please Click Here »